Released: July 6, 2021
System requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10 or macOS 10.9 - 11.4
Please follow the instructions in Section 8 of the Aurora(n) User Manual for updating the firmware when using Thunderbolt or USB connections.
The Non-OS specific file (the “Download” button above) is for updating using the microSD card.
Please follow the instructions in Section 6.2.11 of the Aurora(n) User Manual for updating the firmware using the microSD card.
Lynx recommends doing a Restore Defaults after a firmware update. Function Menu > About > Select > OK.
Version 1.24 July 6, 2021
- Fixed issue where NControl may see meter activity stop after a period of time.
- Fixed issue where NControl could not control volume or pan for sources greater than 32. If the Aurora(n) has more than 32 inputs, NControl 1.0.5 or higher is also required for this to work properly.
- Fixed issue where 48V and PAD relays may not engage for Preamp Channel 1 on certain configurations of Aurora(n).
- Fixed issue where some control changes may not be applied when recalling a scene from NControl.
- Fixed issue where LSlot record source would not save or recall properly from Scenes page.
- Changed pan control to a modeled cross fader instead of a linear cross fader to more closely match to a physical hardware pan control.
- Added Pan law to Settings page with values of 0.0dB, 3.0dB, 4.5dB or 6.0dB. This allows the user to set the amount of gain reduction applied when a mono source is panned to the center.
- Added Swap A/B to Settings page: Rotary encoder click. When selected, pressing the rotary encoder when on any meter page will cause the “Group A” and “Group B” mutes to be toggled. This allows for two set of outputs to be swapped for comparison, such as full range monitors vs. control room monitors or a surround mix to a stereo mix. Selecting “Swap A/B” will also set “Group A/B” as the “RE volume” and set “RE wheel” to Volume.
- Added Mute to Settings page: Rotary encoder click. When selected, pressing the rotary encoder when on any meter page will cause the selected “RE volume” output pair to be muted.
- Added “Mute” indication to volume popup.
Version 1.23 August 20, 2020
- Fixed issue where trim may not be recalled properly upon power up with LT-USB installed.
- Added support for “Group A” and “Group B” master volumes.
- Group A or Group B can be selected as the Rotary Encoder volume so entire sets of channel volumes can be controlled with the rotary encoder.
- Only NControl can assign outputs to Group A or Group B (NControl 1.0.2 and up).
- By default only Group A is enabled, Group A volume is unity and all outputs are assigned to Group A. This allows Group A to be selected as the monitor out volume controller in the Settings page and control all outputs with the rotary encoder.
- Added the ability to format the microSD card with exFAT format through the SD Card page.
- About page channel display changed to only show types of channels currently installed.
Version 1.22 March 26, 2020
- Added “Playlists” page. Please see the Aurora(n) User Manual for full details on Playlists.
- Scenes are now named *.ncs to match NControl, so scenes can be directly shared between NControl and the Aurora(n).
- Scenes saved on the Aurora(n) now have the source volumes encoded to match NControl.
- After recalling a scene that scene name is now shown with a highlighted background and the user interface stays on the Scenes page (instead of switching to the Meters page).
- Fixed startup issue seen with a very small number of Aurora(n)’s with Firmware Version 1.21.
Version 1.21 February 15, 2020
- Added support for DB-ADAT connected to LM-DIG. Please note that LM-DIG must have Firmware 2.0 installed to support DB-ADAT.
Upgrade order should be:
1. Install Firmware 1.21 on Aurora(n) then power off Aurora(n).
2. Install Firmware 2.0 on LM-DIG then power off Aurora(n).
3. Install DB-ADAT.
- Added “Optical Settings” page which allows selection of Optical Out Mode of either ADAT, SPDIF or following the format of Optical In 1. Default is “Follow Optical In 1”.
- When a DB-ADAT is installed, on the Horizontal Meter Page > Meter Select will only show ADAT In and ADAT Out when user presses and holds the Function button for 1/2 second. Function button will have a blue back-light when over AES In, AES Out, ADAT In or ADAT Out as a reminder of the “hidden” function.
- Added “Scenes” page. This new page allows saving and restoring scenes (which include all routing options) to the /Scenes folder on the microSD card. The scene file format is the same as the NControl scene format so scene files can be easily shared between the two. This makes recalling a specific routing setup in the field without a computer connected easy as the routing can be saved from NControl and recalled directly on the Aurora(n) from the microSD card.
- Changed how “To LSlot Out” (where LSlot is replaced with the computer interface name) is selected on the Routing page. Now each source type can be enabled or disabled independently just like the “To Line Out” and “To Digital Out” routing options.
- If there are too many source channels to route to the LSlot outputs (when the USB is in 8-channel mode, for instance), source buttons are turned off to show which channels are actually being routed. Please note that Preamp In source will never be automatically turned off. This means that the Aurora(n) PRE1608-USB model running in 8-channel USB mode will need to have the Preamp In source turned off manually before Line In source can be selected.
- Custom LSlot channel routing can be done in NControl by using the Menu > LSlot record source (again, where LSlot is replaced with the computer interface name.)
Version 1.20 November 5, 2019
- Improved LT-HD2 sample rate changes to prevent ProTools error messages with HD Native card (requires LT-HD2 firmware 6).
- Fixed issue where NControl LSlot record routing was being overwritten on startup.
- Fixed issue where SynchroLock would unlock if clocking externally and microSD card record was started.
- Please note: If the Aurora(n) currently has 1.14, 1.16 or 1.18 you must update the firmware using the microSD card method described above.
Version 1.19 August 5, 2019
- Fixed issue that prevented NUpdate from completing a firmware update over the bus (Thunderbolt, Dante or USB). If the Aurora(n) currently has 1.14, 1.16 or 1.18 you must update the firmware using the microSD card method described above. If the Aurora(n) has 1.10A or below, NUpdate will function normally.