|Version 8.13 January 16, 2023
- Changed “Restore Defaults” so it no longer invalidates user scenes.
- Fixed issue that prevented Sync source other than Internal from being allowed on power up.
- Fixed issue recalling preset Scenes which may require a manual volume or mute change to make the scene active.
Version 8.12 December 1, 2021
- Changed the timing of All Output Mute when changing sample rates.
- When the Line Out, Monitor Out or Phones are unmuted, All Output Mute is also unmuted.
Version 8.11 July 23, 2021
- Added All Output Mute when changing sample rates.
Version 8.10 April 22, 2021
- “TB3 …” button on Routing page (both input and output) now reflects the mute state of the underlying buttons. Green if any button is unmuted, Red if all buttons are muted.
- “ADAT …” button on Routing page (both input and output) now reflects the mute state of the underlying buttons. Green if any button is unmuted, Red if all buttons are muted.
- Fixed volume control for Test Tone on Routing page which would mute if no other sources were unmuted.
- Fixed issue where first four output volumes and all of the output mutes would not show correctly in Hilo Remote after Hilo power up.
Version 8.9 Mar 1, 2021
- Fixed startup trim issue.
Version 8.8 October 6, 2020
- Updated About Hilo to show 8.8 application version.
Version 8.7 October 27, 2018
- Updated About Hilo to show 8.7 application version.
Version 8.6 June 11, 2020
- Updated About Hilo to show 8.6 application version.
Version 8.5 October 29, 2019
- Added support for LT-TB3.
- Fixed issue with Version 8.4 where ADAT input would not work.
Version 8.4 October 28, 2019
- Internal build for testing purposes.
Version 8.3 October 27, 2018
- Removed excessive writes to PROM configuration register that may rarely cause the Hilo to not startup properly if the Hilo is turned on then off very quickly using the rear power switch.
Version 8.2 July 24, 2018
- Fixed production test issue. Relays were muted when calibration window was active.
Version 8.1 July 5, 2018
- Added support for Winbond PROM and new display on Rev C PCB.
Version 8.0 January 9, 2017
- Complete redesign of user interface.
- Added Monitoring page to allow for monitor controller functionality.
- Added support for LT-DANTE.
- Updated About Hilo to show 8.0 application version.
Version 7.0A January 12, 2016
- Fixed issue where RTA Meter page would not select correct input on power up.
- Revised Chinese menus with new text for some items.
- Added support for year 2016 serial numbers and firmware.
- Added ADAT I/O to All I/O page.
- Added ADAT on All I/O to Show/Hide Settings popup. This checkbox must be enabled and the ADAT must be selected (output) or ADAT connected (input) for the ADAT I/O to appear on the All I/O page.
- Added Output Routing to Meter Type popup. This allows for quick access to the Output Routing page and for the Output Routing page to be the default when powering up the Hilo.
- Updated About Hilo to show 7.0A application version.
Version 7.0 March 6, 2015
- Added French; German & Spanish Language Support to the Hilo menus.
- Added Real-Time Analyzer (RTA) Meter page.
- When going into Standard Menu, all “Advanced” settings are saved to EEPROM. When going back to Advanced Menu, all “Advanced” settings are recalled from EEPROM.
- Fixed issue introduced with Version 6.2 that would cause an offset in the Knob Settings dialog.
- Fixed a very rare issue that might have set the language to Chinese when the Hilo was only authorized for English. Doing a factory reset (Hold Front Panel Power switch while turning on Back Panel Power switch) would have fixed this issue as well.
- Updating to this firmware will cause the Hilo scene memory to be reset to factory defaults. Lynx recommends that you save Hilo scenes to your computer using Hilo Remote before upgrading, then you can restore each scene after the firmware update process is complete.
- Hilo Remote 18.104.22.168 or higher is required for metering to work properly with Firmware 7.0.
- Updated About Hilo to show 7.0 application version.
Version 6.2 November 26, 2014
- Added Chinese Language Support to the Hilo menus. To enable the Chinese Language Menus, your Hilo must have been purchased through Lynx’s Chinese Distributor: ACE. Please contact ACE (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request instructions on how to enable Chinese Language Menus.
- Added feature to insure that no MIDI data to Hilo Remote Control is missed when operating at 4X sample rates when using the LT-USB.
- Improved All I/O screen to immediately update when the LT-TB cable is plugged in.
- Fixed issue that would mute the wrong output when the mute button was pressed on Hilo Remote for a channel number greater than 7.
- Updated About Hilo to show 6.2 application version.
Version 6.1B May 8, 2014
- Fixed issue when upgrading directly from Firmware 5 to 6 where the sample rate may get stuck at 48kHz.
- Updated About Hilo to show 6.1B application version.
Version 6.1 April 9, 2014
- Fixed issue with digital i/o that might cause the digital i/o to not function properly.
- Fixed issue with battery voltage display when battery is connected. Now the Info menu shows if the Hilo is being powered from the “Mains AC” or “Battery” and the voltage of the battery.
- Updated About Hilo to show 6.1 firmware and application version.
Version 6 March 26, 2014
- Added Support for Hilo Remote Control. Added the ability to fully remote all of the volume controls and level meters of the Hilo from the host computer. The Hilo Remote Control application is initially available on Windows and OS X, with an iPad version available on the Apple Store as soon as it is approved by Apple.
- Added Support for LT-TB Thunderbolt Interface. Changed channel names from USB Play and USB Record to Thunderbolt Play (TBT Play) and Thunderbolt Record (TBT Record).
- Added Support for LT-FW FireWire Interface. Changed channel names from USB Play and USB Record to FireWire Play (FW Play) and FireWire Record (FW Record).
- Added Support for LT-HD ProTools HD Interface. Changed channel names from USB Play and USB Record to PTHD Play and PTHD Record. Please note that Hilo firmware update is not possible using a LT-HD card since it has no MIDI interface. LT-TB, LT-USB or LT-FW may be temporarily installed to update the Hilo firmware, if required.
- Added Support for no LSlot Interface. Removed all references to LSlot channels if no LSlot device is detected. Please note that it would not be possible to update the Hilo firmware without an LSlot device.
- Removed LT-USB Mode from Tools Menu if LT-USB is not installed.
- New Standard Menu. Added new ‘Standard Menu’ on the Display Page which provides a much simpler interface for the most used functions. Backlight control; Line In & Line Out Trim; About Hilo and the new Source Select option described below. To return to the previous menus, simply press the ‘Advanced Menus’ button. Please note that the ADAT I/O is disabled, Digital In Sample Rate Converter is set to ON and LT-USB Mode is set to 8-channel when using the Standard Menu.
- New Source Select option in Standard Menu. This new option allows for simple routing of the audio coming from the host computer (USB Play; Thunderbolt Play…) to all physical outputs. In addition, a single source may also be mixed with the host computer audio from the Line In or any one of the digital inputs. This duplicates the basic features of the Output Mix Routing Page and Digital In Source Selection.
- New Knob Settings. Located on the Display Page, the new Knob Settings function allows the user to adjust the volume of any of the stereo outputs from the rotary encoder. A maximum of 3 outputs may be selected at one time. Pressing the rotary encoder will toggle between the selected outputs. Previously only the analog Monitor Out and the analog Phones volumes were able to be controlled from the rotary encoder. Now the following digital volume controls may also be selected: Line Out; AES Out; SPDIF Coax Out; SPDIF Opt.
- New Show/Hide Settings. Moved the three separate button functions to a new single button with a popup dialog box to make room for the Knob Settings and Standard Menu buttons.
- Output Mix Routing Page: Source Channel Select function ‘Sum’ changed from -3.0dB to -6.0dB attenuation.
- Dither enabled when digital volumes are active. Triangular PDF dither is enabled on each output independently when source or master digital volumes are set to levels other than unity gain and off/mute. This prevents noise modulation distortion caused by digital attenuation, but still provides a bit-perfect digital signal chain when volumes are set to 0 dB.
- Mute ADAT In or USB Play sources if the inputs for those devices are not locked. This prevents any signal from those channels appearing as audio anywhere within Hilo.
- Please note that when using the Hilo with the LT-TB running at 176.4kHz or 192kHz, Play 9-16 and the ADAT inputs are not available to be routed as sources to any of the 32 outputs. Please use Play 1-8 for the 4X sample rates.
Version 5 November 14, 2012
- New DSD Playback. This allows Hilo to play DSD audio files received via USB, AES-3, or S/PDIF. Hilo supports the recently adopted DoP V1.1 standard which is a method for transferring DSD audio over PCM frames. Playback of DSD using this method is provided by a growing number of software vendors including Channel D, Merging Technologies, and JRiver.
- New Test Tone Function. For use in system testing and calibration, Hilo’s new Test Tone provides a 1 kHz audio signal which can be sent to any output. The tone level can be controlled in 0.5 dB increments from a new dedicated screen. For reference, the same screen also shows the input levels coming into Hilo.
- New Solo Function. The new screen, added to the Output Mix Routing Page allows any input to be “Soloed” for instant reference to the content and quality of its program material.
- New Screen Dim Function. Users can not only set the brightness level of Hilo, but allow the screen to dim or turn off. The user also has the option to dim or turn off after a set period of time. The screen comes back on when it is touched or the rotary knob is engaged.
- Saved Scenes can be named. A new QWERTY keyboard function has been added that allows the 6 Scene memories to be named. Up to 13 characters can be used for each Scene memory.
- ADAT Upgraded. ADAT is now supported on the optical input. Auto-detection circuitry on this input will switch between S/PDIF and ADAT modes and alter the user interface accordingly. Eight channels of ADAT input and output can be utilized via the optical ports at 48 kHz. At 96 kHz four channel I/O is supported.
- Analog Meter Upgrade. Now you can calibrate the Analog meters to set the 0 dB level. The update rate and response time has been dramatically improved to provide an increase in accuracy and fluidity.
- Monitor and Headphone Level Indicators Improved. When changing the level of the headphone or monitor output a horizontal bar with dB level is shown on the screen. Now the bar for the Monitor output is a different color than the Headphone’s bar, for easier recognition as to which level is being controlled.
- Stereo / Mono Feature Improved. There are now four mode selections for each stereo input pair. Stereo (default), Sum (left and right channels summed to mono, with a 3dB reduction in each individual channels volume); Left (left channel to Left and Right at the same level), and Right (right channel to Left and Right at the same level).
- Added warning for calibrating touch screen.
- Disabled S/PDIF Optical Out on Meter Source and Output Source popup if Optical Out is set to ADAT.
- Disabled Phones on Meter Source and Output Source popup if headphone is not plugged in.
- If ADAT Input is detected, then S/PDIF Optical cannot be the Digital In Source.
- Scene names are now saved when the scene is saved instead of waiting for the Hilo to be powered down by the front panel power switch.
- Added feature on the output routing page where pressing the background of the output side would change the rotary encoder focus to the output fader and pressing the background of the input side would change the rotary encoder focus to the input fader (much like pressing the rotary encoder).
- Changing the rotary encoder when the keyboard is on-screen now changes the monitor/phones volume.
Version 4 April 3, 2012
- Output Mix Routing Page: Mono Mode. Any stereo input can now be set to Mono. For example, when bringing in a single channel on Line IN Left, pushing the Mono button under the meter will allow the same signal to also be routed to both the LEFT and RIGHT outputs. The Mono button will also merge any LEFT/RIGHT pair to a single mono signal routed to both outputs. It is important to note that this selection is unique for every input/output combination.
- Overload Indicators. On the Output Mix Routing Page. Above each vertical meter we have added an overload indicator. This aids in setting levels in the digital domain when routing the signals.
- “Show/Hide Recall Scene” button added to the Display menu. This button allows the end user to add a button to easily recall and switch between scenes from the Analog VU and Horizontal meters pages. This same button also allows this added Scene Recall button on the Meters page to be hidden.
- “Power Up State” button in the Tools Menu. Useful for customers who power down an entire rack or studio with one switch. When this button shows “Standby”, Hilo can only be turned on by touching the power switch on the front. When the button shows “On”, Hilo can be turned on by the power switch on the back or by applying AC (with the power switch in the On position.)
- Headphone “Jack Sense” implemented. Hilo will now detect whether or not a cable is plugged into the Phones jack on the front of Hilo. When nothing is detected, the Rotary Control is only used for the Monitors output level – you do not need to press the knob to toggle between the levels for Headphone and Monitor outputs.
- Ability to play audio files directly from an iPad. Using Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit and apps such as iTunes, Garage Band, Golden Ear and others, Hilo can directly play back iTunes files as well as higher resolution WAV and FLAC files.
- ADAT implementation Phase 1. Hilo can now output ADAT using the optical output. Channel count is: 8-channels at 44.1/48kHz; 4-channels at 88.2/96kHz; 2-channels at 176.4/192kHz. The ADAT input will be implemented in a future firmware release.
- “Menu Delay” on Display page renamed to “Return to Meters”. The selectable time has been changed, from 15 seconds (until the Meter screen comes back on) to 5 minutes. A “Never” option allows the user to only get back to meters by pushing the Display button in the lower left corner of the LCD.
- “About Hilo” in the Info page. Information about the LSlot card now shows the LT-USB serial number.
- Level meters on Output Mix Routing Page now correctly show levels from -60dBFS to 0dBFS. Previously the meters showed levels down to -38.5dBFS.
Version 3 February 29, 2012