Released: January 25, 2023
System requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 or macOS 10.13 - macOS 13
macOS (PCI Express and Thunderbolt): Requires driver Build 58K or higher to function properly. Please note: On macOS Big Sur the firmware updater MUST be used with Build 59A driver or higher. On macOS Monterey the firmware update MUST be used with Build 60 driver or higher or the AudioDriverKit Driver Extension.
Windows (PCI Express and Thunderbolt): Requires driver Build 24c or higher to function properly.
►Once firmware programming is complete, the Lynx device must be turned off to activate the new firmware.◄
►Please close all other applications before programming the firmware.◄
The LynxFirmware application supports updating firmware on the following products:
● PCI Express: AES16e; AES16e-SRC; AES16e-50; E22; E44
● Thunderbolt: LT-TB; LT-TB3 (Including Hilo-TB; Hilo-TB3; Aurora(n)-TB; Aurora(n)-TB3)
● Hilo (connected to computer via Thunderbolt, Dante or USB)
● Aurora(n) (connected to computer via Thunderbolt, Dante or USB)
● LM-DIG connected to Aurora(n)
● LT-DANTE connected to Aurora(n) (FPGA firmware only, not Dante Firmware)
● Aurora 8 or Aurora 16 (connected to computer via Thunderbolt, Dante, USB or MIDI)
● LT-HD inside Aurora 8 or Aurora 16 (connected to computer via MIDI)
● LT-MADI inside Aurora 8 or Aurora 16 (connected to computer via MIDI)
Version 1.0.6 January 25, 2023
● Hilo-TB now only shows the Hilo if the LT-TB is already updated to Firmware 6.5. To update the LT-TB to Firmware 6.5 makes sure to power cycle both the computer and the Hilo, then launch LynxFirmware BEFORE any other applications are loaded.
Version 1.0.5 October 11, 2022
● Updated to Dante 4.5 API. Now supports Apple Silicon based computers.
● Added support for Driver Extension on macOS in addition to Kernel Extension.
Version 1.0.4 August 18, 2021
● Updated to Dante 4.4 API. Please note that Audinate does not support Dante on Apple Silicon based computers. Supports Big Sur on Intel.
● Added instruction localizations in Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese, Indonesian, Italian and German in addition to English.
Requires Internet Connection to download Firmware for each product to update.
AES16e; AES16e-SRC; AES16e-50:
● Version 14.1; May 17, 2016: Added DMAV2PLUS
● Version 13.2; Feb 25, 2015: Added DMAV2
● Version 12.11; Sep 6, 2013: Added CardID
● Version 2.6; Mar 20, 2019: Current shipping version. On macOS, please use Build 58I or higher driver.
● Version 6.5; June 8, 2020
● Version 5.5; Mar 14, 2014: Added DMAV2
● Version 1.7; June 8, 2020
● Version 8.13; Jan 17, 2023: Sync source: Word clock now saved in power up scene. Built-in scenes now properly update Hilo Remote upon recall.
● Version 7.2; Oct 28, 2019: Added support for LT-TB3; Fixed issue with Version 7.1 where ADAT input would not work. Changed All I/O page to allow space for LSlot and ADAT meters at the same time. Added support for additional display; Added support for additional EEPROM. This version is being made available for Hilo users that wish to stay with Version 7 menus but want to upgrade to the LT-TB3. If the Hilo has 7.0 and does not have an LT-TB3, there is no reason to change to this firmware version.
● Version 1.29; Jan 18, 2023: Fixed SD Record Setup page when no SD card is inserted.
● Version 1.2; Feb 17, 2017: Initial Release. Please note this firmware is for the LT-DANTE FPGA only and not for the Brooklyn II module, which is updated through Audinate Firmware Updater.
Aurora 8 & Aurora 16 (connected via Thunderbolt, Dante, USB or MIDI):
● Rev A PCB: Version 28.
● Rev B PCB: Version 31.
LT-HD inside Aurora 8 or Aurora 16 via MIDI:
● Version 15.
LT-MADI inside Aurora 8 or Aurora 16 via MIDI:
● Version 6.