The power of the Aurora 8 converter with the convenience of a FireWire interface.
$2595 US Suggested Retail Price
The Aurora 8 plus the LT-FW FireWire interface. Now you can purchase this powerful converter/interface combination, with a value of $2790 for just $2595. The LT-FW is installed and tested at the factory, so this is a true plug-and-play system for your FireWire 400 or FireWire 800 equipped computer.
Now you can have a remote recording powerhouse, with eight input and eight output channels at up to 96 kHz using your Mac or Windows laptop. Just add a small mixer, preamps and some good microphones, and you can produce professional recordings anywhere.
The Aurora 8/FW is also ideal for the project studio. The clear, pristine, open sound of the Aurora converter will immediately improve the sonic quality of any small studio. With the same specs and quality of the Aurora 16, Aurora 8 is the choice of many audio professionals.
Aurora 8/FW is also ideal for the newest home media servers and home theaters. With eight quality I/O channels, 5.1 and 7.1 audio programs can be played. And since Aurora converters are used in the recording and mastering of CDs and motion picture, it stands to reason that Aurora brings the same audio quality to critical playback applications as well.
These are just three of the possibilities for the Aurora 8/FW. Outside of the US and Canada, please check with your local distributor for savings in your country.
Aurora converters are preconfigured for three voltages. Aurora 115 volt models are available in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil. The 100 volt models are available in Japan only. 230 volt units are available throughout the rest of the world through authorized distributors and retailers.
- Simultaneous 8 Channel Analog I/O and 8 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- Aurora 8 offers 24-bit / 192 kHz Mastering Quality A/D and D/A Conversion (96 kHz when used wtih LT-FW)
- Single Rack Space Configuration
- Extensive Remote Control Capability via LT-FW Virtual MIDI
- On-board 16-channel Digital Mixer Provides Flexible I/O Routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLock™ Sample Clock Technology
- Digital I/O DB-25 connectors follow Yamaha pinout protocol
- Analog I/O DB-25 connectors follow Tascam pinout protocol
- RoHS compliant