Lynx Studio Technology has announced a revised version of the LT-HD firmware for their Aurora converters. The LT-HD version 10 firmware update for the LT-HD card allows the Aurora 16 and Aurora 8 to emulate the interface characteristics of the Avid HD I/O converter, allowing seamless operation with Avid systems including HDX and HD Native.
Avid has made great improvements with the HDX card and Pro Tools 10. The new LT-HDx firmware update for the LT-HD card allows current and new Aurora owners to get the most out of their Pro Tools HDX or Native equipped studio. Emulation of the HD I/O delay allows the ability to use Lynx and Avid hardware in the same system with sample accuracy.
New features include:
• Two modes of Avid HD I/O emulation: 32-channel mode provides two instances of the 8 x 8 x 8 analog and digital in and out model, 16-channel mode provides one instance of the 16 x 16 analog in and out model.
• Emulation of HD I/O delay times to ensure accurate delay compensation within Pro Tools. No manual adjustments needed.
• Improved internal clock management provides compatibility with changes in Avid hardware.
Thousands of studios worldwide have adopted Aurora converters as their standard, for its pristine audio quality, versatility and value. This update for the LT-HD card gives even more versatility to Aurora.
Lynx has always been committed to long-term support of our customers’ needs. Current owners of LT-HD equipped Aurora converters can update to the LT-HDx functionality at no charge with a simple firmware update. New hardware is not required.
Easily installed in Aurora’s LSlot bay, the LT-HD allows Aurora converters to be used in all current ProTools|HD systems. Connected via Digilink cables to HD Core, Accel Core, HDX or Native cards, Pro Tools recognizes the Aurora converter and controls all input and output functions, clocking, routing and other settings. One LT-HD equipped Aurora 16 can provide up to 32 channels of analog to digital and digital to analog conversion.
This is a truly plug and play system. LT-HD’s hardware and on-board software streamline installation and set-up, bringing Aurora audio quality and channel count to the ProTools system. LT-HD provides signal latency identical to that of the Avid converter for accurate delay compensation within ProTools - no manual delay adjustments are required.
The LT-HD contains one Primary and one Expansion DigiLink port. Aurora supports full channel count at sample rates up to 192 kHz. You do not lose half of your channels at higher sample rates and you do not need to purchase additional expensive modules for full channel counts. Pro Tools users can now benefit from Lynx’s exclusive SynchroLock™ word clock for very low jitter and low distortion of digital signals.
$395.00 Buy Now »
- One Primary and one Expansion DigiLink port
- Up to 32 channels of analog and digital I/O per HD Core or Accel Core, HDX or Native card possible with one Aurora 16
- Supports full channel count at sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Offers audio signal latency identical to that of the Avid HD I/O™ for accurate delay compensation within Pro Tools - no manual delay adjustments required
- Allows I/O functions for parameter control to be controlled and monitored within ProTools
- Interfaces with HD system using standard DigiLink cables
- Allows daisy-chaining of multiple Aurora converters and other DigiLink devices via Expansion port
- Lynx proprietary SynchroLock™ technology can be used to reduce jitter when Aurora is a clock slave or to provide stable, low jitter clock to downstream devices
- Easily installed into Aurora
- RoHS compliant
- Designed and manufactured in the USA by Lynx Studio Technology, Inc