LynxTWO 192 kHz Multichannel Audio Reference Interface
LynxTWO-A Four Analog Inputs and Four Analog Outputs
LynxTWO-B Two Analog Inputs and Six Analog Outputs
LynxTWO-C Six Analog Inputs and Two Analog Outputs
The LynxTWO family of PCI cards were Lynx’s first 192 kHz audio products. Introduced in 2000, these three versatile cards offered 192 kHz analog audio and 96 kHz digital audio with world-class converters and time code synchronization on board. With performance that exceeds many stand-alone converters, LynxTWO has set the standard for signal purity, versatile synchronization, powerful hardware mixing, and extensibility to support a variety of multichannel formats including ADAT and multiple AES/EBU or SPDIF.
The three models offer different analog I/O configurations for versatility and ease of use. The basic LynxTWO-A model, with four analog inputs and outputs, is intended for general usage. LynxTWO-B, with two analog inputs and six analog outputs, is an excellent choice for playback of 5.1 audio or any application where six outputs are necessary, often precluding the need for a second or third card. With its six analog inputs and two analog outputs, the LynxTWO-C is an excellent choice for remote recording systems.
LynxTWO’s powerful 16-channel mixer allows extensive routing, control and metering with excellent visual reference. With the latest software, you can mix up to four inputs to any of 16 outputs. In addition to the inputs and outputs on the LynxTWO, the mixer incorporates program material from the optional LS-ADAT or LS-AES daughter cards or from Aurora converters.
With a design very similar to that of Lynx’s highly acclaimed Aurora converters, LynxTWO delivers near Aurora-quality specs and performance in the compact PCI card format. In fact, using the optional LynxTWO/Aurora Interface Kit, your LynxTWO can act as the computer interface and front end for the Aurora converter.
If you want the same audio quality of the LynxTWO, but only need two channels and do not need SMTPE capabilities, check out the L22.
- 200kHz sample rate / 100kHz analog bandwidth (Supported with all drivers)
- +4dBu or -10dBV line levels selectable per channel pair
- 24-bit AES3 or S/PDIF I/O with full status and subcode support
- Up to 8 LynxTWOs can be installed in one Windows computer; up to three in Macintosh computers
- Sample rate conversion on digital input
- Non-audio digital I/O support for Dolby Digital® and HDCD
- 32-channel / 32-bit digital mixer with 16 sub outputs
- Multiple dither algorithms per channel
- SMPTE time code reader and generator with MTC conversion
- Composite video genlock
- Word, 256 Word, 13.5MHz or 27MHz clock sync
- Extremely low-jitter tunable sample clock generator
- Dedicated clock frequency diagnostic hardware
- Multiple-board audio data routing and sync
- Two LStream™ ports support up to 16 additional I/O channels
- Compatible with LStream modules for ADAT and AES/EBU standards
- Zero-wait state, 16-channel, scatter-gather DMA engine
- Windows XP/Vista/7 in 32-bit and 64-bit: ASIO 2.0, WDM, DirectSound. Legacy Windows drivers available
- Macintosh OSX: CoreAudio (10.5 & 10.6). Legacy drivers available
- RoHS compliant
- Optional LStream Expansion Modules: LS-ADAT and LS-AES
- Interfaces with Aurora converters via LynxTWO/Aurora Interface Kit
- Ships with audio and sync breakout cables, SPDIF adapter cables, CD ROM with manual, all drivers and sample software