January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater for macOS Available
February 16, 2016: Aurora USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 16, 2016: Hilo USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available

Hilo Remote with Dante

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomcowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hilo Remote with Dante
    Posted: March/14/2017 at 1:10pm
Hey folks,

I was just perusing the Firmware 8 manual and noticed there is now Dante support in the Hilo remote. Epic!

I just downloaded the 1.0.15 app for OSX from the downloads page (HiloRemote.macOS.20170111.zip), but I can't see the 'Dante' option on the Connection page as pictured in the Manual and it doesn't find my Hilo.

I noticed that the build is from 2017/1/11, but the one in the manual is from 2017/2/14. Is there anywhere to get the newer build from?

Many thanks in advance,
Tom

>>> PLEASE DO NOT EDIT ANY TEXT IN THIS BLOCK!
Time and Date: 14 Mar 2017 7:55:01pm
Hilo Remote Version: 1.0.15
Build Date: Jan 11 2017

Operating system: Mac OSX 10.12.3
Is 64-bit: Yes
CPU vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU speed: 1600MHz
Number of CPUs: 4
Memory size: 4096MB
Current executable file: /private/var/folders/v2/4tv2_mjn7wd4dl_q_bw7785w0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/27709D99-1883-4AA7-AB87-1D12CC67767B/d/HiloRemote.app/Contents/MacOS/HiloRemote
>>> PLEASE DO NOT EDIT ANY TEXT IN THIS BLOCK!

Edited by tomcowland - March/14/2017 at 1:11pm
David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2017 at 1:20pm
Right, that is a mistake on my part.  The Dante version of Hilo Remote isn't quite done yet.  We actually completed Hilo Remote and posted it then we had to change how the connection worked slightly on the LT-DANTE and that cooked the connection between Hilo Remote and the LT-DANTE.  Version 1.0.16 will be posted shortly and does support the shipping version of LT-DANTE...  Sorry for the confusion.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
nikander View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2017 at 1:34pm
little bit off topic but how can we install firmware updates in the Hilo without USB connection?
Will that be possible via Dante connection to a PC?

regards,

Christian
tomcowland View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomcowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2017 at 1:41pm
Hey David,

Many thanks for the quick reply. Not a problem at all. I'll keep my eye out.

'Best
Tom
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2017 at 2:05pm
Windows & macOS versions just posted.

Edited by David A Hoatson - March/14/2017 at 2:28pm
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2017 at 2:08pm
Christian,

There will be a new version of Hilo Update that supports Dante as well as USB & Thunderbolt.  Since we don't have a new version if Hilo firmware to program, it didn't seem like a priority to get that on the site.  All Hilo's that are shipping with LT-DANTEs installed already have Firmware 8.  For the moment, if customers in the field are installing their own LT-DANTEs, they should update using the existing LSlot card before installing the LT-DANTE.  In any case, I can put the Hilo Update program on the web site - I have just been busy working on other new stuff.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
tomcowland View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomcowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2017 at 12:30am
Hey David,

The remote works a charm. Many thanks for getting that up there so quick.

'best
t
Grauwacke View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grauwacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2017 at 10:38am
Hi, David,

tried the Remote app, but without success: After selecting Dante in the Connection menue, it takes 1 to 2 seconds and HR crashes.

The error log says the following:
Version:         1.0.16 (1.0.16)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [165]
User ID:         502

Date/Time:       2017-03-16 18:29:52.322 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
Report Version:  10

Interval Since Last Report:          10130819 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           37534
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  164 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   4
Anonymous UUID:                      229660A3-500D-3631-1C11-AC930E9B4417

Crashed Thread:  0  Juce Message Thread  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
  Referenced from: /Users/USER/Documents/*/HiloRemote.app/Contents/MacOS/HiloRemote
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

I looked up the file libSystem.B.dylib in /usr/lib/: it exists, but seems quite old (2.5.2013)

I dont know whether you need more information? Maybe we exchange email adresses for not flooding this thread with pages of error logs.

best regards,
Helge
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2017 at 11:12am
You need to make sure that you have Dante Controller installed on your mac, and that you have Firmware 8 installed on the Hilo.  If those are both up to date please send us an Email at support@lynxstudio.com with your information and we can look into this.  By the way, we test with OS X 10.9 and above here... I wonder if that might be the issue.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Grauwacke View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grauwacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2017 at 11:43am
Dante Controller is installed, everything is running fine with transmitting audio via Dante (and without any glitches anymore...). I send you the error log to the email. Hope it is not an issue with 10.8, because I dont want to update to 10.12 (for several reasons).
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2017 at 1:57pm
If you look in the Hilo Manual, you will see under system requirements:

macOS

ยท         Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher. Hilo-DNT (Dante) requires Mac OS X 10.9.5, 10.10.5 or 10.11.

I'm afraid there is no work-around, the Dante library simply won't work on 10.8.5.  It is strange that Dante Controller worked for you.  When I look at the current Audinate web site it says 10.10 or higher for Dante Controller.  I guess the question is, what version of Dante Controller are you using?

Edited by David A Hoatson - March/16/2017 at 1:58pm
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Grauwacke View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grauwacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2017 at 2:16pm
The Dante Controller is version 3.5.6.1, an old version for 10.8, which was not easy to find. But it works fine with two Dante devices. DVS is version 3.7.4.3
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2017 at 2:31pm
OK.  We simply don't have access to any old stuff from Audinate.  10.9.5 is the oldest they support with the tools they provided us.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Grauwacke View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grauwacke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2017 at 12:11am
No problem for me. A new version for the iPad (with the newest iOS Smile ) would help me more. But thanks for trying.
Helge

Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2017 at 9:35am
Yes, that is on the list but hasn't made it to the top yet...
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
 Post Reply Post Reply