February 16, 2016: Aurora USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 16, 2016: Hilo USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available

Hilo V8 questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2017 at 1:59pm
20 dB? It really sounds like something is set incorrectly....

The MASTER is the overall control of ALL outputs simultaneously (requested by folks with surround systems). When all the way up at "0" it is Unity Gain, i.e. it does not attenuate any of the output levels that you have set.

If you are at "0" on the MASTER and the level is low, you need to check the levels of the affected output(s). One or more of those are turned down I bet....
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
JohnWalker View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2017 at 4:21am
"To prevent level jumps when switching out of MONITORING and back to ROUTING mode, the Master controls remains."

I do not understand that sentence. The controls remain(s?) what? Where? Under what circumstance?

It helps that you said "master"  is intended to be used when mastering in surround. Would it help if you modified that name to something like 'MasterAll" or "SurrMaster"?

"If you are at "0" on the MASTER and the level is low, you need to check the levels of the affected output(s). One or more of those are turned down I bet...."

Well, yes. But how do I stop that from happening? They are turned down, but I don't understand what is turning them down; I've disabled the master control as instructed in all of my 4 scenes, but it seems to reinstate itself at random.

I maintain my position that an overview or picture of how the overall design is to be used is what is needed. I'd get off this forum and get on with that manual!
Retired UW acoustics engineer
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2017 at 10:07am
Hi John,

Yes, the manual is being worked on as we speak.

When I said "the Master remains" I meant as a control, accessible via front panel knob.

Master mode was requested by customers with surround systems, but it is not only used for that.

If you're Master is at "0" and your individual outputs are turned down, that would have to have been done by the user; there is no way for Hilo to do that automatically.  Leave the Master at "0" and set the individual outputs where you want them. Now, when you turn down the Master, all outputs will follow (with their relative level offsets intact).

Hope this helps...
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
audwiz View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audwiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2017 at 12:06am
Hi Lynx

Any news or a timeline as to when the V8.0 bugs will be addressed? or a Beta release of the next firmware for that matter.

Cheers

Jasper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12