January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater for macOS Available
February 16, 2016: Aurora USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 16, 2016: Hilo USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available

AES16e - 192 trouble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveferrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AES16e - 192 trouble
    Posted: January/11/2017 at 8:31am
Hi Lynx,

I am having a problem with what I think is my AES16e card drivers/firmware and Logic Pro 9 @ 192Khz. Yesterday I discovered your driver update for ultra low latency, and I clicked on a link and downloaded it and firmware version 14.. I installed the driver (I believe it was 57A) and then the firmware.

Since doing this I noticed the new graphic AES16e mixer interface (nice!).. Upon opening a project in Logic and playing at 192Khz, the audio is somewhat slow I get the dreaded logic message... 'error sample rate 184***Khz recognised problem with logic and external device'
I restarted logic and no luck... I then started a new project at 192Khz, and many times and the same message again.. so its not that one project. I tried different clock sources (AES16, Aurora, Misc converter) and still no joy and even turning my converters off and just running the AES16e internally clocked, so I dont think its my converters..

All the other sample rates are fine, and this only started happening when I installed the new drivers.. I noticed on the downloads page that you cannot run firmware 14 with less than build 58... so I installed 58 and then the firmware again (its confirmed as 14 in the about section)..  Still getting the problem and cannot run a project in Logic at 192. I've also tried all the buffer sizes in logic but my default was 512.. so tried 256, 128, 64 etc...

I can't seem to find out whats going on and if you could give any advise at all this would be wonderful and much appreciated!

I'm running Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Kind Regards, Dave

PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2017 at 5:18pm
Please keep me posted on the suggestions that I sent today. 
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
 Post Reply Post Reply