January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater for macOS Available
February 16, 2016: Aurora USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 16, 2016: Hilo USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available

Aurora LTHD & Sierra IO isssue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johanenglund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora LTHD & Sierra IO isssue
    Posted: January/07/2017 at 5:13am
Hi,

As I've just installed an SSD drive in my studio computer I've upgraded to OSX Sierra, as Apple makes it pretty difficult to get hold of previous versions. 

I've successfully updated the firmware to v.11 on the LTHD card (after quite a bit of tinkering), and Pro Tools recognises all the IO (16 channel mode, all analogue) but I can only get signal out of 6 channels?
The inputs appears to be working correctly. 

As I've saved my old drive I've tested the system under Yosemite and everything works correctly.

Please advise.

Best

Johan 
johanenglund View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johanenglund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2017 at 5:26am
I'm running the latest AVID core audio HD driver, will attempt to roll back and see if this is the issue. 
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 5:25pm
Have you set the I/O setup to defaults? 
Does the Aurora appear as a single HD I/O in the hardware setup, or as 2 HD I/Os? 
You also might check the Digilink connection, perhaps re-seat the cable. Digilink carries 8-channels per connection, so it could have something to do with that. 
keep us posted.

Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
johanenglund View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johanenglund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2017 at 6:58am
Hi Paul, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I've rolled back to Yosemite on the new SSD by copying the old drive using CCC, and now everything works as before. My setup consists of an Omni, Lynx and an 96IO. The lynx is connected directly to the Omni. 

Have you set the I/O setup to defaults? 
Yes that was the first thing I tried. It correctly identified all the IO.

Does the Aurora appear as a single HD I/O in the hardware setup, or as 2 HD I/Os?
It appeared as a single interface.

I did also disconnect /re-connect all the cables under Sierra but that made no difference. What I didn't try to do was to connect the Lynx directly to the Avid TB box but as that would've rendered the studio useless (patchbay connections etc) it just felt like a moot point. It is possible that one of the other interfaces are the culprit. 
Unfortunately I discovered that the previous AVID HD drivers are not compatible with Sierra so I wasn't able to test if this was the issue. 

There are no vital software that is not running under Yosemite so for now I'll stick with this but any additional ideas to what the issue might be would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

J

PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2017 at 4:53pm
OS changes mean nothing to the Aurora in this context, it has no drivers or connection to the OS. I have to assume you bumped into an issue with ProTools on Sierra, or some other software based cause.  
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
 Post Reply Post Reply