January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater for macOS Available
February 16, 2016: Aurora USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 16, 2016: Hilo USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available

E22 volume fader issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E22 volume fader issue
    Posted: December/30/2016 at 9:50am
I am using an E22 to archive my vinyl collection into Sony Sound Forge.  I have recently noticed that the input volume faders have no effect.  The meters in Lynx Mixer and Sound Forge never change whether the faders are at max or mute.  Anyone have any idea what's up?  Thanks.
David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2016 at 11:51am
Those are not input volume faders.  Those are monitor feed-through volume faders.  Lynx Mixer let's you control a completely independent mix for each output.  The top row are the record sources and the second row are the play sources to feed each output.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
Russell View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2017 at 7:14am
I guess my question is how do I control the signal level reaching my recording application?
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2017 at 2:36pm
You should control the levels from the signal  source. Its generally not something that is desirable to do in the digital domain. If your signals are way too low, you could set the E44 input trims to "variable" and that will be 14dB hotter.  
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
Russell View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2017 at 3:36pm
Good tips, thank you.  Source isn't variable as it's the REC out of a pre-amp.  I was hoping for a simple fix for minor adjustments based on LP levels but I can work with this.
Russell View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 9:28pm
So after following the above advice I have a new concern.  When I use the +20 dBu FS setting Left and Right are very closely matched however when using the variable setting the left is about 10 -12 dB hotter.  I assume I can correct this via the trim pots but was wondering if this is normal or do I have a hardware issue?
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2017 at 4:51pm
That is a big disparity, Yes, could be that the trim pots shifted a bit. If you can pass tones and adjust them to match that would be a good idea. 

Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Russell View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2017 at 8:37pm
Being stupid and clumsy I have managed to dislodge the pot from the board.  I have support a support request form but have not heard a reply yet.  Hoping for the best, thanks.
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2017 at 11:04am
Hmmm, I don't show any open support requests. Can you resubmit that? 
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Russell View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2017 at 12:20pm
Will do, thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply