Topic ClosedAurora Remote Control not starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora Remote Control not starting
    Posted: March/16/2012 at 1:54pm
My system:
L2B-Aurora Interface Kit-Aurora8 on a new Windows 7 64bit computer. Audio plays back perfectly (well not multichannel 24/96 or above, but that is described in a separate thread).

I know this issue has been discussed before, but I am totally unable to start the ARC - I get the "Unable to locate an Aurora!" dialog. According to the manuals, ARC should work with this setup, and my hope was to be able to update A8 firmware and also change sample rate without getting up. A8 is set to INT clock.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2012 at 3:33pm
You would need to connect the Aurora to the computer using an external USB > MIDI interface since ARC cannot communicate to the Aurora through the LynxTWO-B > Aurora Interface Kit.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
OlavK View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2012 at 4:29pm
Ok, so the only reason why I got the interface kit was the promised ability to use the ARC, quote from Lynx web site:

"[...] The LynxTWO/Aurora Interface Kit is a painless and easy way to upgrade the number of analog and digital I/O channels on a LynxTWO or L22. When used with the Aurora Remote Control software, you gain access to the digital I/O on Aurora as well. This is a powerful addition to any LynxTWO or L22 based system."

This was supposed to be replacing my old configuration with L2B->LS-AES->A8. The retailer told me the Interface Kit was going to make ARC work, and the info on your web site made me believe him. But you are actually telling me he got it wrong? If so, I suggest Lynx should do some changes on the Interface kit description.

Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2012 at 4:39pm
The sentence is correct....there is nothing in the sentence that states or implies that the ARC will communicate through the LynxTWO-B. It just says, "When used with the Aurora Remote Control software..."

Please email support@lynxstudio.com and let us know the retailer and salesperson if you have a name. We just want to let them know about the proper setup for ARC.

The interface kit is a great way to route Aurora through the card. We are sorry for the inconvenience and any confusion we may have caused.

Edited by Mike N - March/16/2012 at 4:41pm
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
Sales & Support Coordinator
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
OlavK View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2012 at 2:13am
Sorry for being a bit rude, just frustration shining through. The interface kit was not a very expensive piece of hardware, and does not drain my pockets. The main cause of frustration was actually that the same retailer sold me a more expensive solution earlier with LS-AES+digital breakout cables into AES in on the Aurora. The Interface kit does the exact same job to a fraction of the price, and with considerably less cable clutter :-)

I will email you about the retailer (which is a great one, but may have cut some corners in this case).

It would be splendid if you could post a spoon-feed sort of description on how to use my existing setup (if possible) and add connections to allow ARC.

PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2012 at 5:18pm
OlavK, just to hop in here, I think an underlying point is why you would want to use the ARC in this context? The only feature that it brings to the party is the ability to control Trims on banks of 4 instead of globally. So if you wanted to set some outputs to consumer level (-10dBV) and not others, you would need ARC to do that.

All other functions, routing, etc. are much more capably handled by the LynxTWO Mixer rather than ARC. With the Lynx Mixer you can save scenes, and have much more flexible routing options.

I certainly understand your frustration, but wanted to clear that up first.

Cheers,
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
 Post Reply Post Reply